Top 11 Places For Chole Bhature In Mumbai
Foodies in Mumbai usually have one common complaint from the city that is known for its street food varieties. That is: Mumbai doesn’t have good Chole Bhature! We agree that Mumbai’s Chole Bhature varieties come nowhere close to street-style chole that’s available in every corner of Delhi.
Relishing Dilli-style Chole Bhature
But that are a few restaurants and food stalls in Mumbai that do have delicious Chole Bhature. Give the food at these restaurants a try and then let us know if you think they’re anywhere close to the typical Delhi ones.
1. Vig Refreshments, Chembur
Vig Refreshments is a local hotspot. Popular for its Sindhi delicacies such as Dal Pakwan, it doesn’t lag too far behind with its Punjabi offerings too. Locals love to line up here to eat their chole bhature from the minute the restaurant opens. Dining at Vig is a family tradition that is upheld today and we see the reason why. Don’t miss out on their thick lassi while you’re there as a perfect accompaniment to your meal.
- Travenix Ratings: 4.9/5
- Average Cost: ₹250 for two people
- Timing: 6:30 AM to 10 PM
- Address: CG Road, Chembur Camp, Chembur East, Chembur, Mumbai
2. Tewari Bros, Juhu
Not only is Tewari Bros. a clean and hygienic fast food establishment, but it also serves some Delhi style chole bhature right here in Mumbai. Famous for its sweets and snacks, Tewari Bros is a must-visit when you’re on the lookout for good chole bhature. Serving many North Indian delicacies, Tewari Bros. is a crowd favourite and is often busy during rush hours, thus it is advised to take the time into account before paying them a visit.
- Travenix Ratings: 4.6/5
- Average Cost: ₹400 for two people
- Timing: 7:45 AM to 10.30 PM
- Address: Number 9, Juhu Supreme Shopping Center, 13, opposite Criti Care hospital, Model Town Society, Gulmohar Road, JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai
3. Guru Kripa, Sion
For more than 40 years, Guru Kripa has been the go-to place for foodies craving some delicious street-style chaat. We’ve already included it in our list of top places to go for the best pani puri in Mumbai, but it’s Chole Samosa and Chole Bhature deserves some fame too.
Ask them what makes their Chole so delicious and they’ll stay tight-lipped about what the secret ingredient is. Whatever it is, we love their Chole! If you’re there, also try out their Tikki Chole and Sindhi breakfast items.
- Travenix Ratings: 4.5/5
- Average Cost: ₹350 for two people
- Timing: 8.00 AM to 10.30 PM
- Address: 40, Guru Kripa Building, Road 24, Near SIES College, Sion, Mumbai
4. Chawla’s Dhaba, Sion
An authentic Punjabi Dhaba right in the heart of Mumbai? What more does one need? Their delicacies have a large fan following and rightfully so. This hole-in-the-wall restaurant is perfect for a quick bite and their Chole Bhature is made in a traditional manner, giving you the authentic taste of Punjab. Not to forget that getting a meal here is very easy on your pocket and leaves behind a taste that you will cherish forever.
- Travenix Ratings: 4.3/5
- Average Cost: ₹150 for two
- Timing: 7:30 AM to 11 PM
- Address: Chawla Pure Veg, Bldg No.20, Shop No. UAC- 421, Punjabi Colony, G.T.B (Guru Tegh Bahadur) Nagar, Sion Koliwada, Mumbai -400037.
5. Shree Chole Bhature, Mira Road
The simple shop in Mira Road is named after their signature dish itself! Their Chole Bhature is the stuff of legends really! So it doesn’t come as a surprise that a lot of people drive from South Mumbai or even Navi Mumbai just to eat a plate of Chole Bhature. They’ve got Chinese food varieties too but hardly anyone orders anything else except Chole Bhature there.
- Travenix Ratings: 4.1/5
- Average Cost: ₹350 for two
- Timing: 11.00 AM to 11.00PM
- Address: 12, Iraisa, Beverly Park, Kanakia Road, Mira Road East, Mira Road, Mumbai
6. Kailash Parbat, Andheri West
Want to try street food in Mumbai but concerned about hygiene? Kailash Parbat is the place to go to. It’s been ruling the culinary scene in Mumbai for more than five decades now! While their Sev Puri, Pani Puri, and Bhel are extremely famous, we love their masaledar Chole. The best part is the Bhature is soft and not excessively oily.
- Travenix Ratings: 3.8/5
- Average Cost: ₹500 for two people
- Timing: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Address: 7 Crystal Plaza, New Link Road, Andheri Lokhandwala, Andheri West, Mumbai
7. Manjeet Chole Puri Wala, Sion
Sion seems to be the hub for getting your hands on chole bhature, Manjeet Chole Puri Wala is a testament to this. Another dhaba gracing the bylanes of Sion, you’re assured to get some of the best chole bhature in Mumbai. We recommend getting here early as the line tends to get big during rush hours and there’s not a lot of places to sit and enjoy the chole bhature in peace.
- Travenix Ratings: 3.5/5
- Average Cost: ₹100 for two people
- Timings: 8.30 AM to 2.30 PM
- Address: J. K. Bhasin Marg, Sion Koliwada, Sion, Mumbai
8. Gulati’s Sweets, Andheri East
If you are headed to Gulati’s sweets, make sure you are going on an empty stomach. There is so much to try that you’ll be spoilt for choice. From hot jalebis to spicy Chole Bhature, everything that they have there will tempt you to give up on your diet.
We promise you it’ll be a sinful indulgence that will be absolutely worth those extra calories. The best part is the prices there are super affordable.
- Travenix Ratings: 3.2/5
- Average Cost: ₹150 for two people
- Timings: 8.30 AM to 9.30 PM
- Address: 35, Sher E Punjab Society, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Mahakali, Mumbai
9. Kapital Kitchen, Chakala
If you’re from North India and feeling a little homesick, a visit to Kapital Kitchen will make you feel better. The aroma of Chole Bhature and Rajma Chawal will welcome you right from the moment you step in.
Foodies have also praised their Lassi, Dahi Bhalle, and Tikki Chaat, but we are yet to give it a try. Whatever you order, expect the authenticity of the flavors to bowl you over.
- Travenix Ratings: 3.0/5
- Average Cost: ₹500 for two people
- Timings: 9.00 AM to 11.00 PM
- Address: Shop 1, B-2 Green Land Apartments, J.B Nagar, Chakala, Mumbai
10. Oye Kake, Fort
It comes as a surprise that a place that serves some of the best Punjabi food in town is actually all-vegetarian. But we aren’t complaining. Their Amritsari-style Chole Bhature is cooked with masalas that come straight from Punjab.
We love how zesty and aromatic their Chole is! If you are looking for a full Mughlai spread, also try their Mirchi Lasooni Paneer Tikka and Mirch Malai Subzi.
- Travenix Ratings: 2.8/5
- Average Cost: ₹800 for two people
- Timings: 11.00 AM to 4.00 PM , 7.00 PM to 11.00 PM
- Address: 13-C, Cawasji Patel Street, Fort, Mumbai
11. Cream Centre, Lower Parel
Cream Centre is known for its all-veg fare that includes not just continental dishes but even Mumbai’s street food dishes. Their Bhatura is the almost size of an American football, only slightly smaller, so it can be overwhelming to look at.
But once you dig into the dish, we promise you’ll want to hog it all right away! Their signature Chole Bhature is apparently made from a recipe that has been passed down for decades in the owner’s family. We really wish we could find out what makes it so lip-smacking. Their creamy nachos and brownies are top-notch too!
- Travenix Ratings: 2.5/5
- Average Cost: ₹1200 for two people
- Timings: 12.00 PM to 11.30 PM
- Address: First Floor, Skyzone, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel, Mumbai
Updated list as per 2019:
|Name of Places||Travenix Rating||New Position||Old Position|
|Vig Refreshments||4.9 out of 5||1||4|
|Tewari Bros, Juhu||4.6 out of 5||2||–|
|Guru Kripa||4.5 out of 5||3||1|
|Chawla’s Dhaba, Sion||4.3 out of 5||4||–|
|Shree Chole Bhature||4.1 out of 5||5||8|
|Kailash Parbat||3.8 out of 5||6||3|
|Manjeet Chole Puri Wala, Sion||3.5 out of 5||7||–|
|Gulati’s Sweets||3.2 out of 5||8||6|
|Kapital Kitchen||3.0 out of 5||9||7|
|Oye Kake||2.8 out of 5||10||5|
|Cream Centre||2.5 out of 5||11||2|
Do you know of any other places that serve delicious Chole Bhature in Mumbai? Give us your suggestions in the comments section below.
- How to Donate for Underprivileged in Mumbai City – Donation Clubs - June 3, 2020
- 5 Famous Rooftop Cafes in Mumbai to Set Your Mood Right - May 5, 2020
- 5 Trustworthy Movers and Packers Companies in Mumbai - May 4, 2020