The Essential Guide To Survive Mumbai’s Traffic During Ganesh Chaturthi 2018
Mumbai wears a festive look as locals welcome huge Ganesh idols with much fanfare. Music, sweets, dance, decorations, prayers and family gatherings — that’s what the festival celebrations look like in the city. It’s all merry and fun, but for commuters traveling to work, it can cause a major inconvenience. To ensure that traffic doesn’t go in a frenzy, the Mumbai Traffic Police has made elaborate arrangements for Ganesh Chaturthi 2018.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2018 Traffic Updates
If you want to plan your commute in such a way that you can avoid all the traffic, here is some information on the traffic arrangements in the city:
- On September 13,14,17,19 and 23, there will be certain traffic restrictions in the city. They will be imposed from 12 pm to 6 am on all days.
- 53 roads have been closed for vehicular movement and 56 roads are open only for one-way vehicular movement.
- There are parking restrictions at over 95 places in Mumbai till 23 September.
- Barricades have been placed at routes where huge crowds are expected. This is done so that pedestrians and vehicles can move smoothly. Dadar, Lower Parel, and Andheri are some of the areas where this has been done.
- Mumbai Traffic Police has set up control rooms at Girgaon Chowpatty, Shivaji Park Chowpatty, Bada Masjid Bandra, Juhu Chowpatty, and Ganesh Ghat-Powai. Ganesh idols are set to be immersed at these five spots on September 23.
- During the immersion ceremony, police will get a better view of the traffic situation as some personnel will be stationed at watchtowers.
- In case of a vehicle break down, look out for BMC cranes or police cranes. They will be stationed across the city at strategic locations.
- For medical assistance, various first aid centers have also been set up near the major Ganesh Pandals in the city.
- Overall, 2,800 traffic police officers and 1,000 traffic wardens have been deployed to manage the traffic in Mumbai during the 10-day festival.
The festival has only started, so you can expect more traffic arrangements or restrictions in the coming days if the traffic situation gets out of hand. Details about traffic arrangements in Mumbai for Ganesh Visarjan 2018 are still awaited. We will update the article as soon as we get more information.
Did you face any problems due to traffic this Ganesh Chaturthi? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below. Also, share traffic updates in the areas near you so that other Mumbaikars can plan their travel better.
You may be interested
Top 12 Rooftop Places In Hyderabad For A Memorable Dining ExperienceFateha Firdaus Barbhuiya - November 20, 2020
Dining under the starry night sky or while basking under the winter sun is a surreal experience! And rooftop or terrace dining is one of the best…
Top 13 Buffet Restaurants In Hyderabad For A Lavish SpreadFateha Firdaus Barbhuiya - November 18, 2020
If you want to enjoy a feast-like experience while dining at some of the most famous restaurants in the city, then a buffet is one of the…
Top 10 Gift Stores In Hyderabad For Every OccasionFateha Firdaus Barbhuiya - November 16, 2020
A gift is one of the best ways to show our gratitude and love to our dear ones. Surprises and celebrations are incomplete without them. Sharing gifts…